Extension Program Coordinator – 4-H Youth Development
Company: University of Illinois Extension
Category: Education, Nonprofit, Social Work, Teaching, Volunteer Management
Type: Full Time
The University of Illinois Extension in Naperville is currently hiring for an Extension Program Coordinator, 4-H Youth Development which supports the promotion, expansion, and implementation of University of Illinois Extension 4-H Youth Development Programs in the schools and communities. Furthermore, the Extension Program Coordinator will typically have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate the planning of educational activities for the program with collaboration from the 4-H Youth Development Educator or Specialist
- Identifies critical priority needs and issues, with the assistance of other staff, to be addressed through Extension 4-H youth programs, including under-served youth audiences.
- Conduct evaluation of program activities and make appropriate changes or recommendation for continuation or discontinuation of the program.
- Provide leadership, as primary contact, to volunteers, 4-H members and their families in support of local 4-H Clubs and their activities.
- Provide leadership for the local Expansion and Review Committee.
- Works with Unit staff, Extension volunteers, and Extension clientele to create and/or maintain administrative records including 4-HOnline and 4-H Fair Entry.
- Disseminate education information provided by Extension professionals.
- Maintain required records and data.
- Provides monthly reports to the County Extension Director
- Recruit, screen and select adult 4-H volunteers
- Orient volunteers to the philosophy of the 4-H programs, risk management, policies, procedures, and materials.
- Coordinate volunteer trainings related to program offerings and continuing educational opportunities.
- Maintain contact with volunteers on a regular basis through meetings and correspondence, including email and phone.
- Formulate and implement standard operating procedures for all program activities, to ensure the safety and welfare of all volunteers and participants.
- Develop and implement a marketing plan and objectives to recruit adult volunteers and youth participants for 4-H opportunities.
- Utilize a variety of promotion methods including, personal contacts, social media and printed materials.
- Network and collaborate with other community organizations to assess needs and develop programs to meet those needs.
- Participates in professional development opportunities.
- Attends staff meetings as scheduled, and provides updates to Extension staff and Extension Council on accomplishments and activities.
- Complies with Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity policies and guidelines in all aspects of University of Illinois Extension work.
- Comply with all University of Illinois Extension and USDA policies and procedures in programs and employment.