FAB Welder I
Company: Magnetrol / Ametek
Category: Manufacturing, Welding
Type: Full Time
Magnetrol/Ametek has a FAB Welder position open. In this role, you will use your welding skills in the manufacturing of level and flow control products, by welding machined, cast, and forged components to assembled pipes, tanks and vessels. Specifically, you will layout, prepare, tack, and assemble flange operations and tack, root pass, fill pass, and finish weld assemblies. To be successful, you must demonstrate competence with Arc electrode, MIG, and TIG welding equipment. You must also demonstrate process capabilities to include welding of carbon steel, stainless steel, Hastelloy, Monel, Inconel, and other exotic materials. This role requires that you interpret technical drawings including geometric dimensioning and tolerance, and perform full penetration, X-Ray welds. Sign-on bonus is available for this position. Specific responsibilities:
- Review drawings and materials prior to assembly.
- Ensuring conformance of materials prior to and after assembly.
- Following required company policies and procedures.
- Determining proper job assignments on production system.
- Obtaining and delivering parts using handheld scanners.
- Layout, prepare, tack, and assemble flange options.
- tack, root pass, fill pass, and finish weld assemblies.
- Independent and competent with Arc electrode, MIG, and Tig welding equipment.
- Process capabilities include welding of Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel.
- Interpret technical drawings including geometric dimensioning and tolerance.
- Perform full-penetration, X-ray quality welds.
- Capable of weld quality verification.
- Determine parallelism, perpendicularity, and concentricity of welded parts.
- Use Carbon air-arc for materials removal.
- Set up and operate spot welder.
- Set up and operate Pulse TIG welder.
- Operate Oxygen/Acetylene torch.
- Grind welds to remove defects and spatter using hand grinder.
- Maintain good housekeeping and safety standards.
- Able to train other associates in job duties.