Company: Peoples Resource Center (PRC)
Type: Part Time
PRC is hiring a part-time Facilities Assistant who will support the facilities department, ensuring effective and efficient maintenance of PRC buildings. The Facilities Assistant is part of the Operations Team supervised by the Facilities Manager. Office will be located in Wheaton (201 S. Naperville Road). This position is part-time, 25 hours/week. The schedule will be 5 days/week, 5 hours/day, and the hours are flexible. The successful candidate must be able to lift, move and carry 50 lbs., have access to their own transportation and have a valid Illinois driver’s license. Candidates should have basic knowledge of building systems (plumbing, HVAC, etc.).
- Assist the Facilities Manager to oversee contract vendor maintenance, including but not limited to: landscaping, snow removal, housekeeping, trash/recycle collection, pest control, HVAC, plumbing, etc.
- Respond to facility requests made by employees within the work order system, communicating and monitoring progress to completion.
- Conduct building inspections on a weekly basis, documenting needed repairs and ensuring a plan for completion.
- Prepare buildings for winter and spring by managing seasonal needs, including but not limited to, installing space markers, delivering salt to all locations, etc.
- Assist with deliveries and retrieving purchases at local stores and between sites Research vendors for needed services.
- Coordinate quotes and service of selected vendors by scheduling, meeting onsite, organizing paperwork, and providing follow-up to vendors as requested.
- Prepare and track purchases using appropriate organizational forms and files and obtain appropriate approvals.
- Maintain accurate tracking of regular and unplanned maintenance projects.
- Maintain schedule of regular maintenance of minor equipment, including but not limited to, AEDs, fire extinguishers, smoke alarms, and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Assist with furniture assembly, reorganization of spaces, and moving of furniture.