Facility Maintenance Worker
Company: The Community House
Category: Housekeeping, Maintenance
Type: Part Time
The Community House in Hinsdale is looking to fill a Facility Maintenance position!
Title: Part-time Facility Maintenance Worker
The Community House is a multi-purpose; community service based non-profit organization based in Hinsdale, a western suburb of Chicago.
The Community House is seeking to hire a Part-time Maintenance Worker position to our team. This position involves manual and some semi-skilled maintenance work of the interior and exterior of the building. Work may include cleaning restrooms, mopping, sweeping, trash removal, securing the building, room set-ups and break downs, including AV equipment, painting, minor repair, and maintenance of equipment, and ensuring that the interior and exterior of the building is presentable at all times.
Compensation Range: $14.00 per hour
Hours: Part-time. On average, 16 to 25 per week (evenings and weekends)
Essential Duties- Specific assignment will include some or all of the following:
• May open or and close the building including opening and unlocking and locking interior and exterior doors, as required.
• Cleans and maintains interior and exterior of the building including restrooms, gymnasium, kitchen, etc. Cleans glass replaces light bulbs changes soap in dispensers, toilets tissue and paper towel holders. Cleans vents and performs related work.
• Moves furniture in and out of rooms; sets up tables, chairs, Audio Visual (AV), coffee/water.
• Informs supervisor of the need for repairs regarding lighting, heating/cooling, and physical structure.
• Assists in maintaining the building which may include, but not be limited to, painting, washing walls, washing windows, dusting/polishing furniture, and minor assembly/repairs of equipment.
• Makes minor electrical repairs to light fixtures, switches, and sockets.
• Makes minor plumbing repairs such as unclogging toilets and maintaining plumbing fixtures.
• Removes recycling materials and trash from all designated containers.
• Helps maintains an orderly atmosphere in the building.
• Informs supervisor of safety concerns.
• Removes snow and debris, including litter from adjacent areas surrounding the building.
• Troubleshoots small electrical and mechanical equipment.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Communicate effectively with customers and staff in a kind and positive manner, including but not limited to oral and written correspondence.
A qualified candidate is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance. The employee is frequently required to stoop kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must do setups of tables and chairs for various functions.
Skill and Ability to effectively use a variety of hand and power tools; operate a vehicle; and problem solve. Willingness to work outside (if necessary) in inclement weather and a qualified candidate will have the ability to read and write in order to effectively communicate with customers and other staff. Work regularly exposes the employee to cleaning chemicals and dust and dirt.
A criminal background check is required for employees working at The Community House.
Applications are available at www.thecommunityhouse.org or at The Community House front desk.
Please submit a completed application or resume to:
The Community House
Attn: Bob Dorneker, Facility Mgr.
415 W. Eighth Street
Hinsdale, IL 60521
P 630-323-7500 ext. 226