Company: Woodridge Interventions
Category: Social Work
Type: Full Time
Woodridge Intervention is hiring a full-time Family Therapist, a LPC or LSW with a minimum of 2 years of experience post-clinical licensure working with adolescents with substance use disorders. In this role, you will help at-risk adolescents build better futures.
In this role, you will part of a multi-disciplinary team will bring a family-oriented perspective to treatment. You will be responsible for addressing a wide range of relationship, emotional, and mental health issues within a family systems perspective. You will also develop and conduct family education groups on family systems and substance abuse.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assesses the family therapy needs of individual clients and their families.
- Participates in clinical staffing and contributes family-centered treatment concepts in the development of service/treatment plans.
- Provides family-centered individual/group/joint counseling/therapy as part of a multi-disciplinary team. Provide milieu management as needed and other counseling duties as assigned.
- Develops and facilitates education groups on substance abuse/mental health and family dynamics.
- Responsible for clinical documentation, i.e., progress notes, patient assessments, service/treatment plans and other forms/records as required in a timely manner.
- Interacts with other professionals, agencies, as needed, to provide effective treatment.
- Is able to identify opportunities for program improvement, uses appropriate improvement tools techniques to address potential quality issues within the program/facility and actively participates in quality improvement initiatives/activities.
- Maintains all certification and/or licensing requirements and remains abreast of the latest development in the field.
- Adheres to confidentiality requirements.
- Attends mandatory in-services.
- Knowledge of the procedures to follow in the event of an incident.
- Knowledge of job responsibility in emergency.
- Knowledge of responsibility regarding actions to minimize, eliminate, and report risks.