Feeder-Packer: $750 Sign-On + $200 Vaccine Incentive Bonuses!
Company: Graphic Packaging International
Category: Hiring Events, Manufacturing
Type: Full Time
Feeder-Packer (2nd & 3rd Shift ) – On-Site JOB FAIR July 23rd from 1pm-4pm! Please apply online. Walk-ins welcome!
Graphic Packaging International, a Foodservice folding carton manufacturing operation is seeking candidates for its Feeder-Packer positions in Carol Stream. This job has a pay range starting at 17.45/hour plus shift differential and progressive pay increases, and a $750 SIGN ON BONUS + $200 VACCINE INCENTIVE BONUS!
JOB FUNCTIONS but are not limited to the following:
The following is a list of specific duties which are considered the essential functions of this job. The list is not exhaustive, as all positions at the Company are dynamic. The employee who occupies this position is expected to assume any/all duties assigned by management irrespective of whether such duties are specifically included in this list.
- Work within and adhere to GPI’s core values of Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships and Teamwork.
- Feeder has responsibility that glue machinery is continually being fed with proper carton. Feeder takes stacks of cartons from loaded pallet and places them into feeder of machine.
- Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of area (remove stray cartons, sweep up, etc…). Performed during make ready.
- Responsibility that appropriate carton is being fed. Done by checking for variances in box number and collator marks.
- Responsibility to feed only quality cartons. Feeder is to fan through stacks of cartons being fed and check that they have proper color, register and are void of unnecessary markings.
- Feeder is to observe for machine malfunctions and stop glue machine when problems arise. Feeder uses mirror to detect malfunctions. Feeder is also to be aware of signals from operator or catcher to stop and start machine.
- Removes the finished folded cartons from the press and packs them into cases.
- Responsibility that appropriate carton is being packed: Done by checking item and job number on carton with job label being used.
- Responsibility that only quality products are packed. Catcher is to check that cartons have proper color, register and are void of unnecessary markings.
- Responsibility that proper count of cartons are packed into case. Catcher is to hand count the first case of each different product being packed.
- Packed cartons are to be pushed on rollers through taping machine to the padlocker.
- Responsible for maintenance of area. Performed during make ready.