Type: Full Time
PlanetART is seeking Fulfillment Associates to join their team. Candidates are responsible for all aspects of warehouse functions including the receiving, storing, handling, shipping and preparing of product for customer delivery while maintaining the warehouse in a safe and orderly fashion. Due to the seasonality of their business, peak seasons are demanding. During peak times, extended hours including mandatory 10 and 12-hour shifts and required weekend hours during all peak periods are needed. Flexibility to change shifts for short periods of time may be needed. What you will be doing:
- Prepare shipments for delivery to customer.
- Select most economical method of shipment utilizing knowledge of shipping methods.
- Prepare bills of lading (BOL), check items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination and routing are correct.
- Arrange for pick-up by designated carrier.
- Communicate via telephone and email to both inbound and outbound carrier dispatch.
- Keep an adequate supply of shipping/receiving materials on hand.
- Ensure shipments are packed to ensure safe delivery.
- Inspect receipts for damages or defects; records discrepancies or damages and notifies supervisor and/or purchasing personnel.
- Support the shipment of goods produced, and receives shipping/receiving supplies for use in, or to aid in, the production/storage of goods destined for sale to our customer base.
- Forward requisitions for shipping/receiving materials to the Department Supervisor for approval.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly manner and follow prescribed safety rules and regulations.
- Prepare routine reports and file carrier records.
- Routes receipts or items to departments.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned (e.g. mail sort and distribution)
- Assist shipping/receiving departments with short staff, high demand, or slow periods.