General Manager of Fabrication
Company: Prince Industries
Category: Assembly & Fabrication, Management, Manufacturing, Manufacturing & Assembly
Type: Full Time
Prince Industries is seeking a General Manager to oversee daily operations of our Batavia, IL location. The General Manager will maintain full responsibility for P&L of the Fabrication division. The GM serves as a member of the executive management team, which establishes the strategic direction for the organization. The GM plans, directs and coordinates the manufacturing activities: Production, Engineering and Inspection, to achieve maximum profit, growth and investment return goals. Additionally, the GM directs all manufacturing operations for efficient and economical production at the lowest cost consistent with quality standards, volume requirements, production schedules and delivery dates by performing the following job duties. Out of state candidates are welcome to apply. Relocation assistance can be provided.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Full responsibility for the Division’s P&L.
- Ability to instill Prince’s core values throughout the division.
- Understands, observes, and enforces all necessary safety procedures within the company.
- Participates in formulating and administering company policies and developing long range goals and objectives.
- Manage the operational aspects of the business, driving improvements in cost, quality, training, and delivery.
- Reviews and analyzes production and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformance with product specifications.
- Reviews activity, operating and sales reports to determine any required changes to be made in operations.
- Directs and coordinates production activities with scheduling, engineering, maintenance, and quality control to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and other equipment.
- Reviews all department purchases related to production to identify areas in which reductions and/or improvements can be made.
- Recommends, authorizes, and promotes all required training programs necessary to production personnel for company and personal improvement.
- Review and analyze operating or production problems to determine methods of resolution.
- Interfaces with customers as needed for technical assistance and to improve or maintain business relationships.
- Recommends or determines new machine purchase with the involvement and guidance of necessary department personnel or committee. (i.e. Specification requirements, negotiations, capability and time study elements).
- Determines applicable policies relating to production operations and implements related procedures as needed.
- Established production goals and ensures all plant operations run efficiently.
- Frequently reviews all correspondences (i.e. voice mail messages, emails, faxes, mail) and responds to all requests in a timely manner.
- Develops plans for efficient use of materials, machines and employees to enhance profitable manufacturing operations.
- Compiles, stores, and retrieves data in Epicor and computer system as needed.
- Performs duties of supervised staff as needed.
- Supervises, directs, and oversees all production departments and their functions in areas relating to manufacturing/assembly, engineering, and inspection.
- Responsible for the performance and activities of supervised personnel.
- Recommends methods to working conditions, processes and equipment that would improve efficiency and reduce material and labor waste.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate production workers to achieve work goals.
- Interprets and enforces all supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures and applicable laws.
- Performs personnel tasks with the assistance of the Human Resources Department as needed, to effectively maintain departmental staff, such as:
- Interviewing and training
- Addressing complaints
- Investigating and resolving employee issues
- Conducting performance reviews
- Understands and enforces all Prince Industries quality certifications. (i.e. QS/ISO).
- Works effectively with all department personnel and co-workers in a harmonious and cooperative manner to meet the needs and goals established by the company.
- Additional responsibilities or special projects as assigned by management as needed.