Golf Course & Grounds Worker – Seasonal
Company: Village of Glen Ellyn
Category: General Labor
The Village Links of Glen Ellyn’s Grounds Department is currently accepting applications for seasonal golf and grounds positions. The purpose of these positions is to provide general labor assistance to maintenance crews during the golf season. Duties include performing mowing, string trimming, filling divots, rolling greens, course setup, and general golf course maintenance. Training with vehicles/equipment and familiarization with department operations will be provided upon hire. Essential functions:
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance and repairs to golf course grounds, facilities, and equipment.
- Perform mowing and trimming of all turf areas with tractors and small mowers.
- Perform golf course construction and maintenance.
- Assist with snow removal operations.
- Empty garbage and pick-up litter.
- Paint and stain various golf course amenities.
- Weeding of flower beds and grounds.
- Assist with seasonal operations and special projects.
- Assist with custodial tasks on golf course facilities and grounds.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) for job function when needed.
- Maintain timely two-way verbal and written communications with supervisors and operators about mechanical problems and concerns.
- Maintain good safety awareness and follow all safety guidelines and procedures.
- Assist with other club maintenance and repairs as assigned.