Grounds Maintenance Workers-Roads Crew
Company: Forest Preserve District of DuPage County
Type: Full Time
The Forest Preserve District of DuPage County is seeking Grounds Maintenance Workers to join their team. This position is assigned to a specific crew; however, the position can potentially be transferred to various crews temporarily as needed. Every effort will be made to put personnel in areas of their preference yet maintaining the balance of crew sizes and proper function of the department shall remain the prime objective. Work involves operating equipment and performing manual labor in the installation and maintenance of turf, trees, roads, parking lots, streams, trails, and storm sewer systems in District preserves. Proper maintenance practices ensure the safety of all forest preserve users while maintaining healthy natural and recreational areas for all to enjoy.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all aspects of roadway maintenance on District land
- Pave, patch, and repair gravel or asphalt roads, driveways, trails and parking lots
- Tree and shrub planting, mulching, irrigation, and maintenance
- Preserve signage, fence repair, road and trail maintenance, and de-littering/ garbage removal
- Clear riverbank and remove river debris, trees and beaver dams that may cause obstruction
- Assist all other departmental crews as necessary
- Hours: Monday – Friday 6:45 am – 2:45 pm, may include weekends.
- Emergency response to winter weather events, including snow plowing and deicing. On call scheduling required for some weekends between November and March.
- Starting Salary: $17.02-$20.67 an hour
- Benefits: Medical (PPO and HMO plans through Blue Cross Blue Shield), Dental, Vision, Flex Spending, Wellness Screenings, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, 12 paid Holidays, 12 paid Vacation Days, 5 paid Personal Days, 8 paid sick days, Pension through Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF). Uniforms will be provided, along with an annual safety boot allowance.