Group Facilitator and Case Specialist
Company: World Relief
Category: Education, Nonprofit, Social Work
Type: Full Time
World Relief seeks a Group Facilitator and Case Specialist who will facilitate group classes for vulnerable populations, assist program participants in gaining access to community resources, and work with volunteers to help clients adjust to life in the U.S. This position will also have a small case load of individuals with intensive needs. A successful candidate will demonstrate a proven ability to assist immigrants in achieving stability and overcoming barriers that hinder healthy integration. Essential Functions (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions):
- Facilitate topic-specific group sessions to 40 individuals annually, covering topics such as: parenting, social adjustment, safety, financial literacy, household maintenance, public transit, nutrition, mental health and wellness, and work life balance.
- Develop curriculum and pre/post tests for each group session.
- Provide intensive case management to 5-10 vulnerable individuals on an ongoing basis.
- Conduct service plans and assess needs, strengths, barriers, and set goals with each individual and participant in the program and check in at least once every 30 days to ensure goal achievement.
- Work closely with volunteers providing support in the form of transportation, childcare, materials, or specific facilitation for group sessions.
- Meet with ethnic community leaders to assess needs and promote group programming.
- Collaborate and provide training for community partners, mutual aid associations, and churches.
- Collaborate with appropriate WR staff around service provision as necessary.
- Write detailed case notes for each task/client interaction.
- Retrieve signatures of each participant and complete all necessary program paperwork.