Health Promotion Specialist
Company: DuPage County Health Department
Category: Education, Healthcare, Marketing & Communications
Type: Full Time
The DuPage County Health Department is seeking a Health Promotions Specialist. If you have the ability to independently develop targeted lesson plans and marketing communications about public health issues, including healthy lifestyles and disease prevention for in-person presentations and digital media, this may be a position for you. In this role, you will assist with the development of marketing promotions and materials such as brochures, pamphlets, fact sheets, handouts, and presentations to educate the public about health topics, develop and curate content for social media platforms, maintain a unified brand voice across different social media channels, collaborate with the marketing team to create a social media calendar, monitor social media channels for industry trends, interact with users and respond to social media messages, inquiries, and comments. You will also conduct outreach to schools, community groups, organizations, businesses, and other institutions to promote health education programs. Responsibilities:
- Plans, develops, and designs health education and training programs, including preparation, facilitation, and follow-up.
- Evaluates programs; performs research on relevant topics and develops and/or revises curriculum modules and/or presentation materials as appropriate.
- Presents lectures and training to groups and/or individuals, as appropriate.
- Promotes the Health Department through presentations, media, posters, and flyers; coordinates health education programs with other agencies; provides information to the public regarding medical and social services resources.
- Participates in the development of marketing and promotional goals and strategies, related to social media, as appropriate.
- Prepares and disseminates educational and informational materials.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Assists with writing and updating agency website content and social media messaging; provides consultation to schools and educators for curriculum planning to ensure use of current concepts and methodology.
- Coordinates and participates in health fairs; tracks and reports on activities; develops in-service programs and materials for Health Department staff; assists with reviewing and selecting resource materials such as films, books, etc.
- Demonstrates independent judgment and discretion in making position related decisions.
- Participates in emergency response activities as assigned; maintains required training, licensure and/or certification.
- Maintains confidentiality of privileged information and adheres to patient privacy laws; demonstrates sensitivity and understanding of other ethnic groups and cultures.