Company: The Morton Arboretum
Type: Part Time
The Morton Arboretum’s Information Technology Department is seeking someone with a balance of technical proficiency and friendly customer support skills to join their support and service team. You will be working with a diverse group of tree enthusiasts across multiple departments of this growing organization. The Information Technology department offers a broad range of technology services designed to meet the hardware, software, network infrastructure, telecommunications, audiovisual, and technical support needs of the Arboretum. You will ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment to ensure optimal system performance. Troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user training and assistance where required. This is an opportunity to learn and further develop skills in computers and technology. Responsibilities:
- Administer and resolve assigned helpdesk tickets by receiving and responding to incoming calls and emails regarding desktop problems.
- Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex system problems for staff, and recommend and implement corrective solutions.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot staff workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required helpdesk service levels.
- Carry out computer equipment office move requests as assigned.
- Prepare tests and applications for monitoring workstation performance and provide related statistics and reports.
- Accurately document and resolve instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Set up and support audiovisual equipment and applications used in meetings, programs, and events.