HR Staffing Coordinator
Company: Jel Sert
Category: Human Resources, Staffing & Recruitment
Type: Full Time
For nearly a century, The Jel Sert Company has focused on creating high-quality, high-value foods and beverages that help bring people together. We are currently looking for a passionate and dedicated individual to join our team as an HR STAFFING COORDINATOR. If you are looking for a work environment that encourages personal growth, responsibility, and a shared vision for creating incredible products that help create lasting memories, then Jel Sert wants you!
The HR Staffing Coordinator is responsible for recruiting efforts within the manufacturing and warehouse operations while serving as a formal contact between plant employees and the Plant Human Resources Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilties:
- Responsible for recruiting efforts within the manufacturing environment by partnering with and maintaining relationships with both internal and external clients to ensure staffing goals are achieved.
- Ensure job descriptions are accurate and posted according to company procedures
- Develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of needs
- Screen submissions of interest, applications, and/or resumes
- Conduct phone screens and interviews with candidates meeting the minimum job requirements
- Administer appropriate skills assessment tests
- Make hiring recommendations to department managers
- Communicate employer information and benefits during screening/interview process
- Stay current with the company’s organization structure, personnel policy, and federal and state laws regarding employment practices
- Serve as a liaison with area employment agencies and industry associations
- Complete timely reports on employment activity
- Prepare and send out communication to applicants
- Process new hire applications and paperwork,
- Arrange for pre-employment drug and physical & functional screens
- Administer new hire orientation
- Coordinate recall and layoff process based upon staffing needs.
- Respond to basic employee inquiries, enforce policies and procedures and escalate any potential employee relations issues to the Plant HR Manager.
- Data entry and filing to include: discipline, separations, wage increases, job transfers, new hires, layoffs, recalls, etc.
- Develop and maintain employee communications to ensure employees are aware of events or opportunities available as an employee of the company.
- Assist Plant HR Manager and Plant HR Generalist with various employee matters as needed.
- Assist the Safety Coordinator as needed.