Human Resources Specialist
Company: Edward Don and Company
Category: Human Resources
Type: Full Time
Edward Don has a Human Resources Specialist position open. This position is responsible for delivering all facets of recruiting success throughout the organization. Will also be responsible for HR responsibilities that promote the new hire’s success at DON. These responsibilities include new hire on-boarding, orientation and certain aspects of employee relations. Essential Duties:
- Responsible for full cycle recruitment of exempt and non-exempt positions.
- In collaboration with HR management, develop and execute sourcing strategies as well as a network of search firms, temporary agencies, and web-based services in order to reduce time to fill, cost per hire and improve the quality of new hire to ensure that staffing needs are met.
- Responsible for administration of pre-employment process including drug tests, criminal background checks, previous employment verification and pre-employment DOT Certifications.
- Conducts new employee and new manager orientation, employee relations counseling and exit interviewing.
- Coordinates and attends job fairs, facilitates campus recruiting programs and recruitment networking sessions.
- Maintain current data on recruitment activities, interviews, hires, and prepares/analyzes statistical reports through the Company’s applicant tracking system while maximizing the investment and utilization of recruiting tools.
- Respond to Associate’s queries, and support Managers & Associates in the interpretation and application of Edward Don & Company policies.
- Stay up to date and comply with changes related to human resources and labor legislation and use this information to update HR documentation, forms and handbooks as needed.
- Participate in the facilitation of employee committee planning and activities as well as having involvement with the company’s Service Awards programs.
- Complete all Associate Change Forms for rate changes, terminations and/or promotions.