Human Resources Staffing Coordinator
Company: Jel Sert
Category: Human Resources
Type: Full Time
The HR Staffing Coordinator is responsible for recruiting efforts within the manufacturing and warehouse operations while serving as a formal contact between plant employees and the Plant Human Resources Department. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for recruiting efforts within the manufacturing environment by partnering with and maintaining relationships with both internal and external clients to ensure staffing goals are achieved.
- Ensure job descriptions are accurate and posted according to company procedures
- Develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of needs
- Screen submissions of interest, applications, and/or resumes
- Conduct phone screens and interviews with candidates meeting the minimum job requirements
- Administer appropriate skills assessment tests
- Make hiring recommendations to department managers
- Communicate employer information and benefits during screening/interview process
- Stay current with the company’s organization structure, personnel policy, and federal and state laws regarding employment practices
- Serve as a liaison with area employment agencies and industry associations
- Complete timely reports on employment activity
- Prepare and send out communication to applicants
- Process new hire applications and paperwork,
- Arrange for pre-employment drug and physical & functional screens
- Administer new hire orientation
- Coordinate recall and layoff process based upon staffing needs.
- Respond to basic employee inquiries, enforce policies and procedures and escalate any potential employee relations issues to the Plant HR Manager.
- Data entry and filing to include: discipline, separations, wage increases, job transfers, new hires, layoffs, recalls, etc.
- Develop and maintain employee communications to ensure employees are aware of events or opportunities available as an employee of the company.
- Assist Plant HR Manager and Plant HR Generalist with various employee matters as needed.
- Assist the Safety Coordinator as needed.