I.T. Operations Specialist
Company: DuPage County
Type: Full Time
The DuPage County Sheriff’s Office is seeking a full-time I.T. Operations Specialist. The functions of this position are complex and technical, requiring the exercise of judgment and initiative. This position reports directly to the I.T. Manager. Key responsibilities:
- Project and vendor management.
- Manage deployments for hardware and software.
- Manage the front-line support staff.
- Responsible to manage the overall IT infrastructure including Servers / Desktops/Laptops / Networks/ Security tools and required applications to run the day-to-day operations.
- Ensure the security of data, network access, and backup system.
- Responsible to ensure the compliance in terms of software licenses, security patch updates, end point and server protection tools.
- Comfortable working in a multitude of work environments. Ex. Within the correctional facility, within the Judicial Office Facility, outdoors working on IT equipment within squad cars and remote facilities.
- Build/improve business processes.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and/or on-call.
- Develop maintenance schedules for hardware and software updates/upgrades.
- Provide basic level support for end users when needed.
- Asset and inventory management.
- Assist with budget preparation.
- Design, develop, implement, and coordinate systems, policies, and products.
- Identify problem areas and implement the strategic solution in time.
- Ensure documentation and compliance as per audit requirements.
- Research and recommend the acquisition of network hardware and software.
- With the I.T. Manager, develop & execute disaster planning & maintain data backups.