Company: Pitney Bowes
Category: Engineering / Drafting
Type: Full Time
Pitney Bowes is seeking an Industrial Engineer who is a performance-driven contributor who can develop and deploy a number of operational metrics, continuous improvement initiatives, cost saving initiatives, and processes to optimize the cost and performance in the designated facilities. You will:
- Develop continuous improvement initiatives, including evaluation of current operations, data analysis, and implementation of recommended solutions.
- Be responsible for working with vendors, real estates, project management, technology, and strategy on multiple projects simultaneously including automation, new building designs, new building launches, system enhancement requirements, and cost savings initiatives.
- Evaluate current business processes and future needs to streamline operations and foster sustainable growth.
- Develop and update facility layouts and designs for new and existing facilities including vendor selection, ROI analysis, and implementations. Provide analysis to ensure optimum ROI’s are achieved.
- Monitor, analyze, and recommend ways to improve productivity, service, cost performance, and waste reduction in all areas of operations.
- Develop capacity requirements for current and future operations and design/implement solutions to support capacity needs.
- Formally implement 5S methodologies across multiple facilities with the management team; focusing on business priorities, efficiency improvement initiatives, and the scope of work identified through planning and design phases.
- Assist with the deployment of lean warehousing initiatives at the facility level, which include the rollout of progress boards, metrics boards, and employee production standards.
- Develop engineered labor standards to drive a performance and quality culture within the operations.
- Oversee and assist with new client implementations from an operational engineering and project management standpoint. Create and design operational layouts, taking into account timelines and overall operational impact to exceed client expectations and ensure a smooth transition within the operation.
- Travel up to a max of50%.