Intake Specialist Bilingual
Company: Metropolitan Family Services
Category: Social Work
Type: Full Time
Metropolitan Family Services is seeking an Intake Specialist to join their team. Below lists some functions of the position:
- Coordinate intake for all programs and works collaboratively with all programs to ensure that clients have the opportunity to receive services within all programs.
- Proficient in all programs and responsible for effective cross-program linkages.
- Interview individuals who contact the office or program by telephone or in person regarding their need for services; gathers information needed to process applications.
- Assess severity of client needs and triages cases. Makes a preliminary determination of eligibility and nature of need, interpreting and applying established policies and instructions.
- May case manage psychiatric-only cases, collaborates with support staff in relation to the doctors, and provide crisis back-up to client medication problems.
- Determine whether an emergency situation exists and, if so, makes immediate referrals to other appropriate resources or expedited appointments within MFS program linkages. Informs clients of specific steps to be taken on their own with courts, agencies, or other entities.
- Understand intake procedures, eligibility guidelines, case acceptance policies, case assignment procedures, and case and client recordkeeping procedures; implements them for individual inquires and applications for service.
- Communicate information and advice to clients under the direct supervision, and documents same in writing. Distribute appropriate client self‑help and educational materials.
- Recognize typical legal and/or social problems presented by clients and makes referrals to the appropriate agency staff, other agency department, or outside agency.