Internal Control Analyst
Category: Accounting/Finance, Business
Type: Full Time
Chervon has an Internal Control Analyst position open. The Internal Control Analyst will be responsible for identifying weaknesses in work processes and implementing methods to minimize risks and inefficiencies. This role reports directly to the CFO and works collaboratively with individuals and teams across the organization to maintain effective controls and support the company’s strategic objectives. The Internal Control Analyst will also collaborate with internal and external audit to support audit activities and identify opportunities for control improvement. Key Job Responsibilities:
- Review and update policies and SOPs across the organization focusing on key risk area.
- Conduct interviews with associates responsible for tasks, approvals, etc. related to policies and/or SOPs under review.
- Clearly document observations and risk assessment with working papers.
- Partner with business owners in the evaluation and rationalization of risks and controls and make recommendations for process improvement.
- Assist with root-cause analysis, remediation action plans, remediation activities, provide training when applicable to ensure timely remediation.
- Own process for ensuring process and control documentation is current and accurate.
- Assess new processes or changes to existing processes to identify financial or operation risks before launch.
- Develop internal control matrixes; monitoring and ensure procedure execution.
- Assist with internal audit and legal department on internal audit projects; coordinate with audit finding action plans and execution.
- Develop value-adding relationships with process owners.
- Communicate with and educate process owners on the importance of controls and effective control environment.