Type: Full Time
Insight is seeking an Inventory Specialist to join their team. The Inventory Specialist will research distribution errors reported by the Client Services team. Provide and track a credit return number to the client services team when warranted. Assist with inventory adjustments and warehouse master data maintenance. Conduct cycle counts of product on a daily basis, compare the physical count to the system count and resolve any variances within those counts. Teammates will follow all Insight policies and procedures. Each person is accountable for meeting or exceeding individual and/or departmental metrics. Some things you will do at Insight are listed below. You can click HERE for full details about the position. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Count product daily according to a count schedule.
- Analyze counts for variances and perform any necessary bin to bin movements.
- Research any remaining variances for errors in shipping, receiving, locating, etc.
- Block missing product and adjust product counts in order to assure smooth product flow.
- Research any shipping or production orders where some or all of the parts on the order cannot be found.
- Perform necessary bin checks (walk through) in order to minimize no location orders.
- Handle count requests/product checks from various departments (Customer Service, Sales, Inventory Management and Purchasing).
- Assist with re-labels and plant to plant transfers.
- Document and file all daily work performed.
- Adhere to safety standards, immediately correcting or reporting any unsafe conditions.
- Research Picking Errors determining root cause of error, reporting back to Client Services.
- Maintain a spreadsheet of all picking errors & the results.
- Activate/Delete bin locations for various storage locations.
- Upload UPC’s for product in the system.
- Extend part #’s for various warehouse locations.
- Setup storage locations for customer owned inventory.
- Assist with internal and external audits.