Category: Shipping & Receiving
Type: Full Time
The Inventory Specialist will research distribution errors reported by the Client Services team. Provide and track a credit return number to the client services team when warranted. Assist with inventory adjustments and warehouse master data maintenance. Conduct cycle counts of product on a daily basis, compare the physical count to the system count and resolve any variances within those counts. Teammates will follow all Insight policies and procedures. Each person is accountable for meeting or exceeding individual and/or departmental metrics. Some things you will be doing:
- Count product daily according to a count schedule.
- Analyze counts for variances and perform any necessary bin to bin movements.
- Research any remaining variances for errors in shipping, receiving, locating, etc.
- Block missing product and adjust product counts in order to assure smooth product flow.
- Research any shipping or production orders where some or all of the parts on the order cannot be found
- Perform necessary bin checks (walk through) in order to minimize no location orders.
- Handle count requests/product checks from various departments (Customer Service, Sales, Inventory Management and Purchasing).
- Assist with re-labels and plant to plant transfers.
- Document and file all daily work performed.
- Adhere to safety standards, immediately correcting or reporting any unsafe conditions.