Company: Illinois Tollway
Category: Analyst, Investigation, Law Enforcement, Surveillance
Type: Full Time
Illinois Tollway in Downers Grove is hiring! The Investigator II, under direction of office management and general supervision of senior level staff, conducts confidential and highly sensitive investigations and reviews to detect, deter, and prevent fraud, waste, abuse, corruption, mismanagement, and misconduct. This position involves working with extremely sensitive and confidential personal information and information associated with investigations and legal proceedings.
Essential Job Functions:
The Investigator II position reports to the General Manager of Investigations and the Inspector General. Principle responsibilities include: Conducting investigations and reviews; Gathering and analyzing relevant evidence and interviewing complainants, witnesses and subjects; Documenting investigative and review activities, and maintaining file material in accordance with applicable laws and policies; Drafting reports of findings and recommendations. The Investigator II will be expected to take on increasingly more complex matters, and to exhibit specialized knowledge of investigative techniques/resources and/or expertise in Tollway operations, programs, or databases necessary to provide office-wide support for these areas.
- Conducts interviews of subjects, witnesses and other parties to gather verify and corroborate evidence.
- Gathers, compiles, interprets, and analyzes data, documents, records, physical evidence, and information, including but not limited to employment records, service and construction bids and contracts, and relevant laws, rules and regulations.
- Conducts stationary and mobile surveillance.
- Documents investigative and review activity according to procedure in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Recommends actions and develops investigative plans based on analysis of records and documents, complaints, tips, or other inquiries.
- Documents statements, observations, and evidentiary materials.
- Prepares confidential, accurate, and concise written reports and memoranda recommending case action and resolution of investigations and reviews.
- Requests and secures supervisory approval on all matters requiring approval.
- Interacts with Tollway officials, employees and vendors and the public, and prepares intakes based on written, hotline, and in-person submissions.
- Due to the highly confidential nature of this position, the Investigator is expected to preserve and protect the confidentiality of all investigations and the identity of complainants and witnesses.
- May also be required to testify, as needed, before any state or federal grand jury, municipal, county, state or federal court or administrative body.
- May be assigned cases with an Investigator I to assist them with matters involving new or complex issues.
- Utilize specialized knowledge or expertise in specific investigative technique/resources and/or expertise in Tollway operations, programs, or databases to serve as office point person and provide office-wide assistance and support in these areas.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned within the scope of the mission of the OIG or the duties set forth above.