IT Enterprise Customer Service Manager
Company: Illinois State Toll Highway Authority (Illinois Tollway)
Category: IT, Management
Type: Full Time
The Illinois Tollway seeks an IT Enterprise Customer Service Manager who will be responsible for managing the support desk team, defining the best practice processes required by the Team to effectively support the Tollway end users with any technical or access-related issues they may encounter, and identify and produce the reporting necessary to meet the needs of the Senior I.T. leadership team. The Enterprise I.T. Customer Service Manager’s responsibility includes oversight and reporting for the following areas:
- Communications – Communicate with Tollway I.T. customer base and leadership regularly using both written and verbal skills to apprise them of procedure changes/additions, significant service interruptions, or pending changes to the technology used by Tollway. Regularly collaborate with them to improve processes and performance. Ensure timely and accurate reporting of incident status/resolution.
- Reporting – Develop performance metrics for the Team and regularly update the I.T. Leadership team with reporting on those metrics.
- Team Management – Monitor customer performance trends based upon a set of predetermined Key Performance Indicators (KPIs); Track, understand, and be held accountable to various team metrics, such as quality assurance scores, average ticket close times, first call resolution, overall team production, and more. Track and control costs without impacting the performance of agreed S.L.A.s. Drive behavior necessary to meet and exceed these S.L.A. targets based on Team KPI measurements. Ensure those processes are fully implemented and monitored to meet the performance expected by the Senior I.T. Leadership.
- Team Growth – Develop and implement a program to ensure that the support team skills stay current and are forward-looking to ensure the Team has the skills needed as new technology emerges and is implemented. Coach, mentor, motivate, and manage team members, influencing them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned tasks.
- Quality Management – Recognize and recommend operational improvements to increase team performance. Identify pain points and communicate proposed resolution/s to I.T. Senior Leadership. Ensure that the Team provides off-hours (24X7X365) support for revenue and public safety-related issues.
- Manage Hardware inventory and software licensing – Make recommendations on hardware and software upgrades and ensure that inventory for both is kept up to date. Decommission and dispose of older hardware at regular intervals according to Tollway practices. –
- Manage Ticket Tracking Tool – Manage the TrackIt/ServiceNow ticketing system and ensure it is kept up to date and current, as well as recommending enhancements and upgrades.
- Executive Buy-in: Ensure that there is buy-in from I.T. leadership for any proposed changes to processes and standards.
- Employee Training: Ensure that the Tollway staff is adequately trained on any new/changed technology introduced on the roadway that must be supported.
- Security: Ensure that the desktop and related systems are updated with the latest patches and upgrades. Work with the security and audit teams to meet all security/audit requirements.