IT Help Desk Support Technician
Category: IT, Technician
Type: Full Time
Aqueity is looking for a skilled IT Help Desk Support Technician, who is responsible for handling service requests for their clients requiring IT support. The Help Desk Support Technician will support and triage incoming issues on the following technologies: workstations, printers, servers, networks, and vendor-specific hardware/software. Some essential duties and responsibilities are the following:
- Provides IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications, operating systems, and cloud services.
- Supports disaster recovery solutions.
- Provides technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Provides basic remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, remote services, and Citrix.
- Monitors the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications and respond accordingly through service tickets.
- Triages and classifies incoming service requests by gathering information from clients and computer systems.
- Documents and tracks all required information supporting accurate ticket reporting for the Service Desk.
- Resolves service requests during the first phone call if possible and escalates service requests to other resources as needed.
- Communicates with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
- Displays an ability to patiently walk a user through the steps needed to address the issue.
- Fast turnaround of customer requests – quickly and correctly identifies the user’s issue or problem, recommending the most efficient solution to address the issue.
- Answers all web-based inquiries and phone calls within the response time goals for the Service Desk.
- Documents basic support processes and knowledge base articles for recurring issues as needed and escalates identified recurring issues to next level support engineers.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively – maintains a positive and friendly attitude towards all team members.
- Handles difficult situations calmly and with confidence.