IT Support – AM Shift
Company: City of Naperville
Type: Part Time, Temporary
Would you enjoy working closely with law enforcement officers to ensure that their technology kit is working and ready for action?
Are you good at troubleshooting PC and printer problems and learning how to make technology work?
Are you the type of person who helps everyone else get their phone and PC technology working?
Do you have an interest in cellular data networking, VPN technologies, and cyber security?
Are you organized and able to create methods and processes to stay organized and constantly improve?
If so, the City of Naperville IT Department has an opportunity where you can support the Naperville Police department shift changes where the officers gear up and roll out to patrol. Required hours for the AM shift are 5:30 AM to 08:00 AM, typically Monday through Friday. Scheduling flexibility is available for days to be worked, including Saturday and Sunday, based on an applicant’s availability. Additional hours outside the required schedule may be available.
- Installing and un-installing programs.
- Installing and un-installing devices like printers.
- Troubleshooting and configuring printer operation.
- Troubleshooting law enforcement applications on Windows PCs.
- Troubleshooting network connections.
- Working closely with law enforcement personnel and squad car technology including wireless routers, printers, PCs and docking stations, video systems, power, etc.
- Working on Public Safety dispatch solutions such as Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) and Records Management Systems (RMS).
- Working with citation programs with interfaces to other agencies.
- Working on data networking including cellular, VPN, IP.
- Work on processes and tools for inventory tracking, sparing, inspection, replacement.