Lead Shipper – Forklift Driver ($2,000 Sign On Bonus)
Company: Graphic Packaging International
Type: Full Time
Graphic Packaging International has a Lead Shipper/Forklift Driver position open. The following is a list of specific duties which are considered the essential functions of this job. The list is not exhaustive, as all positions at the company are dynamic. The employee who occupies this position is expected to assume any/all duties assigned by management irrespective of whether such duties are specifically included in this list. Starting pay rate is $22.84.
- Shipping Lead is responsible for making appropriate arrangements to ship finished materials.
- Is to inform Material Handler to assign/move materials to shipping dock or assign Jeep Driver to do it.
- Responsible for coordinating deliveries of materials to be shipped.
- Responsible for verification of materials being shipped (Shipping Lead has responsibility that materials being shipped are in fact the materials that were ordered by customer). Done by use of bar scanner and transmitter, shipping checks that bar codes, shipping numbers on product are same as on release order.
- When necessary, Shipping Lead is to perform duties of Jeep Driver:
- Is to retrieve loaded pallets of folded cartons from finishing area and transport them to shipping area.
- Is to wrap loaded pallets with plastic wrap: Shipping Lead places load onto “shrink wrapping” machinery and attaches beginning of wrap to load. Machinery automatically wraps load.
- Is to load finished material onto outgoing trucks.
- Note: Shipping Lead performs duties of Jeep Driver approximately 30 to 90% of working shift varying on needs of Shipping Department.
- Responsible for maintaining the general cleanliness of work area. Is to sweep up and remove unnecessary debris.
- Physical and visual activities that are commonly associated* with the performance of the functions of this job:
- Position associated with walking (checking on materials to be shipped, checking schedule of finished materials, etc…), sitting (on forklift), lifting (propane tanks 50 lbs.), and carrying (propane tanks).
- Physical demands commonly associated* with the performance of the functions of this job:
- Shipping Lead must be able to lift propane tank (weighing approx. 50 – 60 lbs.) and carry to area to be filled (distance varies – from anywhere in plant). This activity is performed approximately once every working shift.
- Must have physical coordination to operate forklift. Person is operating forklift approximately one third to two thirds of working shift.
- Extremes of heat or cold (depending on season), noise (from forklift and production machinery).
- Use of Machines, Tools, Equipment, Software:
- Forklift, stretch wrap machinery.