Children’s Services Library Assistant – PT
Company: Downers Grove Public Library
Category: Clerical, Customer Service
Type: Part Time
The Downers Grove Public Library is seeking a Part-Time Library Assistant for it’s Children’s Services area. Do you enjoy working with children and their families to provide them with fun and educational programs and opportunities? Do you have a love of children’s literature and trends? Are you committed to providing excellent customer service to all patrons? The Kids Room is looking for you! Children’s Services Assistants work the Kids Room service desk answering reference questions and providing readers’ advisory for children and their families. Assistants also present programs to children of all ages inside and outside of the library. We are looking for candidates who possess the following skills and details below. Applications and resumes should be submitted to Allyson Renell, Children’s Services Manager, Downers Grove Public Library at email@example.com by Sunday, September 25th, 2022. Application forms are available on our website at dglibrary.org/jobs-volunteering.
- Provide excellent customer service to the public
- Have experience working with children
- Are adept at using technology and feel comfortable sharing that knowledge
- Are willing to read and learn about children’s literature
- Possess great communication and organization skills and have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- This opening is for a year-round, part-time position averaging 20 hours per week. The schedule we are looking to fill is:
Mondays 9:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m., Tuesdays 8:45 a.m.-1:30 p.m., an alternating Friday shift 8:45 a.m.-5:00 p.m./1:00 p.m.-9:15 p.m., and one full weekend per month (Saturday 8:45 a.m. -5:15 p.m. and Sunday 12:45 p.m.- 5:15 p.m.).
- Hourly rate from $15.82-$19.78 per hour, depending on qualifications. Benefits include enrollment in the IMRF pension system, vacation leave, personal leave, and sick leave.
The Downers Grove Public Library is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating and supporting an equitable, diverse, inclusive, and anti-racist workforce and sustaining an environment that is welcoming to all.