Local Medical Equipment Delivery Driver
Company: Rotech Healthcare Inc.
Category: Driver, Healthcare
Type: Full Time
Rotech Healthcare is seeking a dedicated Patient Service Technician/Local Medical Equipment Delivery Driver to join their team. In this position you will be responsible for making deliveries, providing services and ensuring patients and/or caregivers understand instructions for and are comfortable with use of respiratory and medical equipment. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Available for on-call assignments as needed.
- Completes all necessary delivery forms and paperwork including, but not limited to invoices, work orders, manifests and logs, patient care instructions, route sheets, etc.
- Delivers equipment and oxygen as required in accordance with industry standards and applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Delivers, sets up and maintains equipment at the delivery address using company vehicle.
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of current products and services offered by the company and all applicable governmental regulations.
- Educates the patient and/or caregiver on the safe use and maintenance of the delivered items and provides clear instructions to patients and/or caregivers to ensure understanding of equipment.
- Maintains assigned company vehicle in a clean and safe working condition.
- Observes additional needs that the patient may have and reports to management during morning meeting.
- Properly cares for and uses electronic tablet that is assigned for job duties.
- Reports equipment hazards and/or product incidents as required.
- Safeguards patient’s Protected Health Information and adheres to all HIPPA privacy regulations.
- Works with location personnel to coordinate deliveries.