Company: Edward Don & Company
Category: Engineering, Transportation & Logistics
Type: Full Time
Edward Don and Company is seeking a Logistics Engineer to join their team. As a Logistics Engineer, you will do the following:
- Analyze warehouse operational procedures for effectiveness and efficiency, suggest opportunities for improvement, including cost benefits.
- Plan and organization with the ability to lead multiple activities and resources while maintaining focus on quality.
- Think strategically, effectively communicate understand customer needs, identify best practice opportunities while delivering excellent customer service.
- Manage Warehouse Labor Management software configuration.
- Perform audits of labor standards and make adjustments in Warehouse Labor Management System accordingly.
- Develop reporting around labor performance and Operational costs for the purpose of tracking savings or identifying areas of opportunity.
- Assist in the implementation of voice picking system.
- Accompany Engineers delegated by Labor Unions through audit of labor standards.
- Work with DON’s IT group to configure SAP to support operational efficiency objectives.
- Assist local Inventory Managers with warehouse slotting analysis and space optimization.