Company: Graphic Packaging International
Category: Hiring Events, Manufacturing, Transportation & Logistics
Type: Full Time
Graphic Packaging International is looking to hire a Logistics Manager for its Carol Stream team. This role is responsible for the management of the logistics staff and the transportation and handling of the company’s product. This position is tasked with ensuring the product arrives on time, under budget and intact. Manages and directs the facility’s functions of Warehousing, Shipping Inventory Control, and Transportation.
- Develop, implement and manage an efficient and effective freight planning/execution process which ensures consistency across divisions and carriers, while maximizing freight revenue and reducing transportation costs.
- Develop, implement and maintain standard operating procedures for load planning/execution operations.
- Manage load planning activities, maximizing equipment efficiency and utilization, while reducing expenditure through careful planning and analysis.
- Ensure carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery.
- Assures the on-time delivery of high quality materials to all departments within the plant, to include raw material, and packaging supplies. To ensure efficient continuous operations of all production departments and customer facilities.
- Ensures efficient warehousing with timely movement of material. Monitors material handling maintenance program, space efficiency, labor efficiency and first-in-first-out movement. Ensures proper execution and accurate documentation of order filling, shipping and receiving.
- Responsible for implementation and effective utilization of SAP system that will ensure that all raw material and finished goods are identified, rotated and properly stored in designated locations.
- Ensures accurate and timely shipment of finished goods to customers and semi-finished products to other Graphic Packaging International locations.
- Provides input to the accounting, production and scheduling departments to support financial reports, period forecasts, scheduling, and annual business plan preparation.
- Develops and ensures department policies are being applied accurately and consistently and supports the Company policies and procedures. Assures the consistent application of Company policies.
- Utilizes the most reliable, least expensive freight services possible.
- Responsible for the disposal of scrap generated by the plant.
- Oversees receiving, issues documentation and resolves discrepancies by interfacing with purchasing, accounts payable and vendors as required
- Generates reports based on data accumulated through the SAP system.
- Must be supportive of GPI’s Mission, Vision and Core Values (Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships, and Teamwork).
- Must be supportive and involved in GPI efforts for LEAN, 5’s, Six Sigma and other Continuous Improvement programs and processes.
- Participate in SQF Root Cause and Corrective Actions (from customer complaints, SQF audits, validation, and verification activities) as required.
- Follow all procedures related to producing Safe Quality Foods (SQF).
- Report any potentially unsafe SQF conditions or customer complaints to a person of authority to record and/or correct the situation.