Machine Operator 1
Type: Full Time
Teledyne is seeking a second shift Production Equipment Operator for their facility. You will be setting up, operating, troubleshooting and programming machinery, equipment and fixtures in accordance with written procedures and drawings; observing machine operation to detect work piece defects or machine malfunction, and taking action when a problem is identified; and measuring work piece dimensions using ruler, caliper, or other measuring instruments to determine accuracy of machine operation. Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-2 years related experience (plus).
- Must possess basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, conversions and use of fractions and decimals).
- Must be able to properly use calipers, micrometers, height scale, ruler, and other basic measuring devices.
- Must possess a high degree of hand/eye coordination and dexterity, as well as eyesight correctable to 20/20 and have normal depth perception.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents and drawings.
- Must be able to lift, move and carry parts, bins, boxes, etc. (weight varies).
- Must be mobile enough to move about the plant as needed to pull and move inventory, goods and products.