Machine Operator – 1st Shift
Company: OMG Inc
Type: Full Time
OMG Inc. is seeking a Machine Operator to join their 1st shift team to produce world class fasteners using safe machine operating techniques and effective lean manufacturing principles. The Machine Operator uses Cold Heading, Roll Threading, Pointing and Cellular Manufacturing to produce parts according to specifications and Kanban card requirements. Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, the Machine Operator must be a team player and committed to delivering only the best quality to their customers. Responsibilities:
- Sets up machine, observes operation, and inspects first run and sample work piece to ensure machining conforms to specifications.
- Reads blueprint or job order for product and job specifications such as wire type, dimensions, tolerances, number of parts to be run, and tooling instructions.
- Selects, installs and adjusts specified tooling to conform to production run sheet and sets forming speeds and feed rates.
- Performs routine lubrication and preventative maintenance inspections as required.
- Observes all safety rules.
- Performs routine and preventative machine maintenance.
- Assists other machine operators to set up machine, and stack, mark, pack, and transport finished work pieces.
- Maintains a neat and well-organized work area.
- Other duties as directed by Shift Supervisor or Group Leader.