Machine Operator, Level 2 – EMV
Company: Valid USA
Category: Machine Operator, Manufacturing
Type: Full Time
Valid has an opportunity for a Machine Operatorin the EMV (Euro, Mastercard, Visa) department based in our Bolingbrook manufacturing facility. This is a 1st shift position working Monday – Friday 4:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. with consistent overtime. Seeking a positive and experienced worker looking for a long-term position that enjoys physical work, guiding staff, and ensuring results. The successful candidate will also take on new duties as the role progresses. Responsibilities:
- Prepare, supply, and operate the EMV machines during the production process and monitor relevant stages to ensure that products are manufactured according to established parameters.
- Understand the entire range of functions as well as the operating sequence of the machine.
- Load materials on the machine in the order they are to be placed on the table.
- Read job specifications and previous run data (if available) to determine machine parameters and material.
- Prior to performing maintenance on the machine, insure proper Lockout/Tag-out procedures have been followed.
- Meet or exceed prescribed job standards for line speeds, scrap and set-up times.
- Load and unloads stock.
- Responsible for maintaining department inventory and supplies.
- Reports any necessary maintenance to the Maintenance Department.
- Work cooperatively with the Quality Assurance department to ensure products meet specifications.
- Ensure required documentation / data is completed accurately and timely.
- Participate in on-going training opportunities and supports a continuous quality improvement environment.
- Verify material conformance to specifications, using measuring devices such as micrometers tape measures and/or calipers.
- Maintain cleanliness of work area and equipment.
- Verify that guards at pinch points and potential burn areas are present before operating the machine.
- Perform proper and thorough inspections.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) policies and procedures. Take immediate action to correct safety and security issues.