Posted 2 weeks ago
Maintenance Worker II
Company: Village of Woodridge
Type: Full Time
The Village of Woodridge is seeking applications for the position of Maintenance Worker II in the Public Works Department. This position performs a variety of semi-skilled maintenance work, and operates a variety of equipment in the construction, operation, repair, maintenance, and replacement of Village property and infrastructure, including water, sewer, street, and storm drainage facilities and systems. Ongoing training opportunities are available.
Some of the Position Responsibilities Include:
• Operate a variety of power construction and maintenance equipment.
• Labor involved in construction and maintenance projects as part of a crew.
• Participate in installation, removal, and repair of street signs and street lights.
• Respond to resident concerns or questions regarding water leaks, pressure loss/no water, sewer backups, damaged or diseased trees, and other issues.
• Drive trucks of various sizes and weights in the loading, hauling, and unloading of equipment and in the removal of snow and ice during snow removal operations.
• Perform routine inspection and preventative maintenance on assigned equipment
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of equipment, facilities, materials, methods and procedures used in maintenance, construction, and repair activities
• Skill in operation of tools and equipment necessary to perform job duties
• Ability to perform heavy manual tasks for extended periods of time
• Ability to understand and comply with all safety rules and regulations applicable to position
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing and to carry out written and oral instructions
• Excellent public relations skills; bilingual skills a plus
• High school diploma or GED and three years of experience relating to construction, maintenance, or repair.
• Valid Illinois driver’s license at the time of application. An Illinois CDL license is required within six months of hire.
• Applicants must be able lift up to 40 pounds regularly and up to 100 pounds on an infrequent basis.
• Work is often performed under difficult conditions, including extreme weather, cramped space or underground areas.
• Must be willing and available to work overtime, both scheduled and unscheduled.
• Seeking candidates who have an aptitude to learn new skills and display a positive attitude.
Benefit and Salary Information
This is a full-time, forty-hour per week position with an excellent benefit package which includes health, dental and life insurance and an IMRF pension. Paid time off includes holiday, vacation and sick time. Opportunity to participate in certification pay program with certain types of experience and qualifications, such as Illinois Class C licensed water plant operator. The hourly starting salary for this position is $27.96 per hour, $58,156.80 annually, or dependent on qualifications with public works municipal experience.
Application and Testing Process
Applications may be obtained on the Village website: www.woodridgeil.gov. Submit application materials to Human Resources, 5 Plaza Drive, Woodridge, IL 60517, fax to (630) 984-7278, or e-mail to email@example.com. The application deadline is June 3, 2022. However, interviews may occur before the deadline, and the position will be filled as soon as possible.