Maintenance Worker Utilites Division – Public Works Department
Company: Village of Glen Ellyn
Type: Full Time
The Glen Ellyn Public Works Department IS recruiting for an employee in the Utilities Division that works with the Village’s drinking water, sanitary and storm sewer systems. This could be as an entry level position for a Maintenance Worker I (MWI) position or for the right candidate with experience, hired in as a Maintenance Worker II (MWII). This position performs a variety of tasks in the construction, maintenance, and repair of public infrastructure, along with playing an integral role in snow removal activities. Below lists the essential functions of the position. Click HERE for full details and instructions how to apply for the position.
- Perform a variety of semi-skilled and skilled maintenance duties.
- Operate a variety of vehicles and heavy-duty tools properly & safely.
- Assist the general public and private contractors with questions and concerns.
- Perform water main and service locating; detect water leaks with a correlator.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair water services, mains, valves, meters, and hydrants.
- Assist in maintaining the water plant and lift stations.
- Maintain, clean and repair sanitary and storm sewer mains and structures.
- Repair sewer services and perform sewer televising.
- Prepare accurate work records including time spent and materials used, with entry into a computer.
- Set-up safe work zones and use appropriate safety equipment.
- Assist in emergency response operations.
- Participate in snow removal operations according to the snow and ice removal plan.