Major Gifts Associate
Company: The Morton Arboretum
Type: Full Time
The Morton Arboretum is seeking a Major Gift Associate to manage an externally focused portfolio of approximately 150 individual prospects focused on building the pipeline of donors to advance major giving at the Arboretum. Greatest emphasis will be placed on qualifying prospects and building a major gifts pipeline. Serve as an advocate for a culture of philanthropy that supports the best interests of the organization as well as the donors. Essential Functions:
- Build a portfolio of approximately 150 leadership annual, major and planned giving donors and prospects. Demonstrate proper moves management through qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors.
- Work with the Director of Major Gifts to set annual and campaign fundraising goals for individual donors in personal portfolio.
- Develop creative, personal moves management strategies in support of overall giving goals to maximize philanthropic support of the Arboretum and institutional success in meeting mission goals.
- In partnership with development colleagues, support a comprehensive giving program that best matches donor capacity and interest with appropriate giving channels and engagement opportunities.
- Work in close collaboration with the prospect research staff and other development colleagues to identify, qualify, and cultivate high potential prospects in support of priority initiatives.
- Actively engage colleagues and Arboretum volunteers in the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors and prospects.
- Report regularly to the Director of Major Gifts on goal achievement to demonstrate progress, identify areas of concern, and review strategies as needed.