Management Analyst – Public Works Department
Company: Village of Glen Ellyn
Type: Full Time
Village of Glen Ellyn is recruiting for a Management Analyst, a new position that is part of a restructuring and efforts to right-size the number of employees for the work performed by the Department. Working under the direction of the Assistant Public Works Director, the Management Analyst provides complex research-based, technical, financial and/or policy driven analysis and support to the Public Works Department. A successful candidate will possess an understanding of organizational and basic operational aspects of municipal government, be knowledgeable in budgetary principles and practices, and be confident in selecting and implementing appropriate research methodologies, while being part of the larger Public Works team.
- Assist in the management of Public Work’s enterprise asset system (Cartegraph OMS) and the citizen request portal (SeeClickFix).
- Prepare and manage Requests for Proposals/Qualifications process.
- Prepare detailed and comprehensive written reports and studies, including grant applications, staff reports, contracts, and memoranda.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget for Public Works Administration, Operations divisions, and other applicable fund accounts.
- Oversee routine updating of the Public Works webpage.
- Assist in developing and implementing goals, objectives, practices, policies, procedures, and work standards.
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of the Division’s Administrative Assistants.
- Assist with management of stormwater discharge requirements (MS4), water conservation program (Water Ambassador), Tree City USA designation and other similar initiatives.
- Serve as a department representative on various committees & projects, and coordinate activities with other Village departments, outside agencies & organizations, and community groups.
- Receive and respond to citizen and vendor-related inquiries and concerns.
- Make presentations to staff, the Village Board, and other groups as needed.
- May supervise, train, and evaluate staff as assigned but generally will not be in a supervisory role.
- Community Relations:
- Represent Public Works to other Village Departments, elected officials, outside agencies and the public.
- Explain, justify, and defend programs, policies, and activities.
- Attend Village Board and commission meetings as needed and participate in professional groups and committees.
- Disseminate information to residents about Public Works activities and programs.
- Answer questions about local, state, and federal codes and regulations as they pertain to Public Works.