Manager, Subscription and Journal Operations – Hybrid
Company: American Academy of Pediatrics
Category: Journalism, Management, Marketing
Type: Full Time
American Academy of Pediatrics is seeking a team player to manage subscription database to ensure implementation of American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) product, access, pricing, continuing medical education (CME) and member benefit programs for print and digital journals and subscription products. Manage fulfillment and distribution of print and digital subscription titles to maximize distribution and drive revenue for our mission-based non-profit organization. Some tasks include:
- Manage domestic and international fulfillment and distribution of journals and subscription products. Monitor journals inventory and make recommendations for adjustments to maximize cost savings. Manage all vendor relationships related to journal fulfillment, and customer service processes.
- Manage and execute renewal plans for multi-channel renewal efforts including print, email, and telemarketing to increase circulation through new acquisition and retention. Oversee preparation of subscription renewals lists to meet delivery deadlines and format requirements.
- Manage subscription database to implement strategies for product launch, access, pricing, and CME. Manage subscription member benefit and sponsorship programs.
- Oversee bi-annual and annual business publications audits (BPA) circulation audits for Pediatrics and AAP News to validate circulation claims for advertisers. Work with external advertising agency on subscriber list matches for targeted advertising campaigns to maintain and grow advertising revenue.
- Manage and direct compliance with USPS requirements for periodical and other postage discounts. Manage permits, enterprise payment systems (EPS) and accounting service center (ACS) programs, and Postal One access. Oversee the preparation and publication of USPS Annual Statements of Ownership, Management, and Circulation. Reconcile postage debits and prepare postage reporting to assist stakeholders in preparation of annual postal budgets.
- Prepare monthly circulation and revenue reports for stakeholders. Develop ad hoc reports to assist management team in planning and evaluating subscription programs. Work with product manager to monitor and evaluate subscription product performance to budget. Maintain circulation history and reports.
- Work closely with Member and Customer Care and other key staff to keep team apprised of changes in subscription programs and pricing. Research and resolve 2nd tier customer problems as requested. Maintain programs to improve subscription data hygiene.
- Ensure that data entry activities result in the prompt processing of renewal revenues. Oversee monthly reports to track circulation levels and trends, conversion rates, activations, renewal rates and trends for assigned products.
- Serve as subscription SME and provide UAT for technical implementation and system upgrades. Evaluate subscription processes and recommend changes to maximize system efficiencies.
- Supervise and mentor assigned staff. Encourage a work environment that promotes inclusion and belonging of all staff. Support ongoing staff development, help set objectives, and evaluate performance, and promote and enhance staff capacity in skills necessary to achieve goals. Ensure staff operate in a fiscally prudent manner, maintain confidentiality, operate with the highest ethical standards, and provide excellent service to members and volunteers.
- Cross train with relevant staff to provide back-up support and business continuity for electronic circulations.
- Maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).