Marketing and Communications Project Manager
Company: The Morton Arboretum
Category: Marketing & Communications
Type: Full Time
The Morton Arboretum has a Marketing and Communications Project Manager position open. This position will ensure a streamlined process for the Arboretum’s marketing communications projects by managing intake, working with management to identify and assign staff resources, and managing project processes within the department in order to deliver well-planned projects on time and on budget. Liaise with the Marketing and Communications management team, team members, and internal project partners. Essential Functions:
- Manage the brand project intake queue, evaluate requests with management, and schedule intake meetings. Track rounds of alterations, and escalate project scope changes and delays to project leads for resolution. Ensure the project team follows through by documenting and following up on assigned next steps. Collaborate with team members on a daily basis to best prioritize the log of projects.
- Lead intake meetings, including planning, scheduling, and recording and distributing meeting minutes and assignments.
- Schedule kickoffs and internal reviews to keep the team aligned. Ascertain and distribute designer and project lead workload in partnership with management. Gather and relay stakeholder feedback, assuring the Director of Design is pulled in for any directional design-related feedback.
- Add key project documentation to the project management system, Basecamp, including the project partner contact, assigned Marketing and Communications project team, and key information regarding project scope and deliverables. Ensure the project plans created by the marketing team are distributed and readily accessible. Check in on the project status, deadlines, and milestones and provide support throughout the process.
- Lead the annual project intake planning process and create supporting annual, monthly, and quarterly calendars and project lists. Guide internal project partners through the project intake experience and introduce new partners to the process.
- Manage inventory of outreach materials, marketing collateral, and Arboretum stationery.
- Select, manage, and continuously optimize project management software.