Material Handler/Forklift Operator
Company: Earth Friendly Products (ECOS)
Type: Full Time
Earth Friendly Products has an immediate opening for a Material Handler to ensure all packaging required for the filling lines is brought to lines and put back in proper location when done. As a Material Handler, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the efficient flow of materials throughout operations. Your primary responsibility will be to receive, store and distribute materials while maintaining accurate inventory. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Gathering packaging (bottles, caps, etc.) from inventory and bringing to lines as requested by the Plant Manager, Production Supervisor and/or Line Leads.
- Unloading, moving and storing materials using appropriate equipment including forklifts or pallet jacks.
- Utilizing scanner to record movement of materials.
- Storing materials in designated locations, ensuring proper organization and efficient space utilization.
- Reporting inventory variances to Production Supervisor and Inventory Control.
- Maintain accurate inventory records through regular cycle counts and reconciliations.
- Removing damaged materials from stock.
- Operating material handling equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and suggest solutions to enhance efficiency.
- Follow all safety guidelines and protocols to minimize the risk of accidents or injuries.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area, including aisles, shelves and storage areas.
- Handling other special projects and requests, as needed.