Mechanical Design Engineer
Category: Engineering / Drafting
Type: Full Time
JOB SUMMARY: The Senior Engineer at CED is a skilled, independent mechanical engineer with a proven history of successfully developing new products and supporting existing legacy devices for military, aerospace pyrotechnic, pneumatic or electro-mechanical devices throughout the product lifecycle. The successful candidate will be self-directed, well rounded, and be able to manage complex technical programs from the proposal / contract award through requirements development, design definition, PDR, CDR, Qualification, and Initial production. The Senior Engineer must be capable of completing engineering analysis, generating solid models and detailed drawings using Creo 4.0 and Windchill and authoring documentation to support device testing and evaluation. You may send your resume to Sharon Dietrich at firstname.lastname@example.org. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Create solid models using Creo 4.0 software (with Windchill).
- Generate detailed drawings per ANSI Y14.5M requirements by applying correct dimensional tolerances and GD&T best practices.
- Perform engineering calculations in support of technical analysis, utilizing Matlab, Mathcad, Ansys, etc.
- Build, test and evaluate prototypes.
- Ability to direct and document design and test activities.
- Lead internal and customer driven technical meetings consisting of but not limited to System Requirements Reviews (SRR), Preliminary Design Reviews (PDR), Critical Design Reviews (CDR), and Production Readiness Reviews (PRR).
- Develop technical documentation including assembly and test procedures, presentations, SOWs and BOMs.
- Conduct stress and thermal analysis using FEA software and classical methods.
- Manage complex technical programs during all phases of the product’s life cycle.
- Support legacy production jobs through disposition of nonconforming hardware, updating build documentation, supporting product improvement initiatives and assisting in failure investigations.
- Maintain customer management with little or no supervision.