Company: American Academy of Pediatrics
Category: Office & Administration
Type: Full Time
American Academy of Pediatrics seeks a Meeting Coordinator who will assist with coordinating logistics for the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) on site Conference Center meetings and communication with AAP staff. Provide on-site meeting support for the AAP annual National Conference & Exhibition (National Conference). Duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate logistics for assigned in-house meetings and their related activities, including facilitation and preparation of hotel contracts, meeting specifications, food and beverage, audio visual, ground transportation, rooming lists, in-house signage, and communication with AAP staff.
- Review invoices for accuracy and ensure payment processing within established terms.
- Provide on-site logistical support of for assigned Conference Center meetings.
- Process and follow up on service work orders to maintain appropriate physical appearance and equipment functionality of the AAP Conference Center.
- Support meeting hosts on the use of virtual meeting software (eg, WebEx, Teams, Zoom) and liaise with IT staff as needed.
- Track and maintain history of in-house meetings.
- Maintain and update in-house meeting forms and current procedures.
- Assist with conducting professional development workshops for AAP staff who plan small meetings.
- Assist with organizing focus groups to solicit staff feedback on AAP Conference Center operations.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with Facility Operations, IT, meeting hosts, and on-site catering vendor.
- Provide on-site logistical support at the AAP National Conference.