Mental Health Counselor
Company: World Relief
Category: Social Work
Type: Full Time
World Relief is looking for a mental health counselor to provide linguistically and culturally appropriate mental health counseling to adult refugees and immigrants in both a one-on-one and family setting. This role provides clinical treatment and maintenance support and works alongside a multi-disciplinary team that together provides holistic support to adult clients through wellness & prevention activities. Therapy & wellness groups through the Counseling Center are key supports offered to adult clients to help them reach stability and move toward long-term community integration. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions):
- Conduct intake and diagnostic assessments with adult clients.
- Establish positive and trusting relationships.
- Work with clients to develop individualized treatment plans with goals and objectives.
- Provide treatment and therapy contextualized to client goals & cultural background.
- Continually assess client situations and provide appropriate ongoing treatment.
- Provide crisis intervention as needed.
- Maintain high standards of confidentiality.
- Work with other WR team members & external partners to offer culturally and linguistically appropriate wellness sessions & psycho-educational workshops that promote overall well-being.
- Collaborate effectively with other community organizations and county services to establish a continuity of counseling services.
- Work with the Counseling Center Director to develop new program components such as group activities and evaluate and enhance quality of services.
- Share skills, knowledge development and experience with multi-disciplinary team.
- Regularly participate in internal & external training to ensure service quality standards.
- Maintain case files and notes of client progress, and complete all mandatory paperwork thoroughly, accurately, and in a timely manner.