Minimum Data Set (MDS) Coordinator
Company: DuPage County
Category: Healthcare, Office & Administration
Type: Full Time
DuPage County is seeking Minimum Date Set (MDS) Coordinator to join their team at Kenneth Moy DuPage Care Center. Salary is $64,993. Responsibilities are the following:
- Coordinates with other departments to collect and input the information required for the federally mandated assessments (MDS).
- Monitors input to ensure accuracy, timeliness and compliance with reimbursement authorities and standards.
- Reviews clinical charts and condition of patients.
- Plans and coordinates resident’s plan of care with other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Discusses resident condition with physicians, nursing staff and family members.
- Completes the computer database required for the MDS
- Oversees documentation to comply with Medicare or Illinois Department of Public Aid reimbursement rules.
- Leads care plan conferences and other interdisciplinary meetings.
- Interprets resident charts to accurately complete sections of the MDS.
- Reviews resident charts for contradictions in information and researches any contradictions to determine what is valid.
- Stays current with job related professional developments, regulations and standards.
- Recommends hires and promotions, directs and evaluates employment decisions for all assigned positions.
- May perform the duties of a Registered Nurse as assigned.