Company: City of Naperville
Type: Full Time
The City of Naperville is looking for a Network Administrator for their Public Safety IT group. This Network Administrator will perform a variety of technical tasks involving the management and security of the Servers, Directory Services, remote access and enterprise and departmental applications. This position plans and makes recommendations to management group and end users and ensures solutions meet business objectives and establishes and maintains a high level of user trust and confidence in IT services. Duties:
- Administers Directory Services including Users, security groups, GPOs, DNS services, DHCP services, Certificates, Federation, Rights managements, OU’S and directory structure.
- Support for virtual implementations in a clustered environment, including backup and restore.
- Support for cloud implementations, including user access, backup and restore.
- Manages remote access for users and vendors including installing and supporting applications.
- Maintains the Physical Servers that include hardware warranties replacing and adding new servers.
- Communicates with members of the Information Technology Department, and Public Safety city departments, to gain information to resolve problems and improve business processes.
- Support and maintenance of public safety technology products and portfolio.
- Maintains inventory records of hardware and software.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate security measures and backup procedures for data, programs and equipment.
- Participates in the rotation of on-call support during off hours (typically 1-week per month).
- Monitors system problems including assisting users with operational problems, performing general maintenance of systems and coordinating maintenance with outside vendors.
- Participates in planning new technologies; and assists in preparing time and cost estimates of proposed projects and applications, performs implementation tasks as needed.
- Monitors trends in the computer industry to ensure maximum capability of computer equipment. Researches and advises management of enhancements/new releases of hardware and software technology.