Company: Illinois Department of Human Services (DHS)
Type: Full Time
The Division of Developmental Disabilities is seeking to hire a licensed Registered Nurse to serve as Nursing Supervisor at the Shapiro Center located in Kankakee, Illinois. This energetic and detail-oriented person will supervise professional and paraprofessional staff, ensuring twenty-four hour supervisory coverage, directing staff on individuals’ needs and the implementation of treatment plans and reviewing nursing assessments and nursing care plans for completeness, accuracy and appropriateness of plans. The Shapiro Center serves a broad spectrum of individuals with behavioral and medical needs. Job Responsibilities:
- Serves as Nursing Supervisor over professional Registered Nurses on an assigned shift and unit.
- Serves as a full-line supervisor.
- Oversees the unit medical program.
- Attends and participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team at meetings and on committees and drills such as in cases of chest pain, choking, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), head injury, seizure, etc.
- Develops training curriculum and test questionnaires.
- As part of a team, reviews, updates and implements nursing policies and procedures according to the latest trends and nursing standards.