Company: DuPage County
Category: Healthcare, Management
Type: Full Time
DuPage County has two job opportunities as the Nursing Supervisor with DuPage County Kenneth Moy Care Center. The positions supervise professional and sub professional nursing personnel on a shift and/or unit and monitors the safe provision of nursing care for all residents. Responsibilities are the following:
- Evaluates residents’ status and unit activities at the beginning of the shift.
- Monitors direct care activities to assure that practices are consistent with evidence-based practices and facility policies and procedures.
- Recommends hires and promotions, directs and evaluates employment decisions for all assigned positions.
- Conducts environmental rounds, inspects the environment, identifies and reports environmental conditions that are deficit or present a risk to appropriate department.
- Actively participates in nursing leadership initiatives including IDPH survey readiness and assists with implementation and evaluation of action plans.
- Participates in Quality Improvement and Performance Improvement (QAPI) initiatives, committees and meetings.
- Participates in committees and meetings as assigned.
- Evaluates nursing care and related documentation, makes recommendations to develop action plans for improvement.
- Supports nursing administration by monitoring of budgeted staffing levels, attendance, overtime and temporary/agency staff utilization.
- Counsels, educates, and coaches employees to maintain, improve, and/or correct competencies and work habits (in collaboration with clinical staff educator.)
- Collaborates with appropriate staff to coordinate a smooth transition for admissions, discharges and internal resident transfers.
- Addresses and resolves customer services concerns and patient safety event investigations promptly.
- Reports changes in residents’ status to the physician and physician and/or appropriate clinical leadership.