OT Security Engineer
Company: City of Naperville
Type: Full Time
The City of Naperville seeks a security engineer professional to install, monitor, and maintain networking infrastructure within the Electric Utility’s OT (Operational Technology) networks, ensuring the security of networks, operational systems, and information systems. This professional will implement and maintain OT network monitoring programs, vulnerability scanning programs, OT IDS programs, and associated remediation programs tailored to the Operational Technology environment at the City’s publicly-owned Electric Utility. The talented person selected for this newly created role will successfully maintain and troubleshoot the OT security infrastructure and the integrity of the Electric Utility’s OT systems security including SCADA and the Substation’s communication networks. Reporting to a Senior Network Security Engineer, other duties will include:
- Monitoring security advisory guidance to ensure all necessary network security updates, patches and preventive measures are in place. You will use tools to test the efficacy of in-place services, OT devices, and network devices in order to validate that patches and other security measures are working as designed.
- Making recommendations and implementing new OT security technologies, policies, and programs.
- Implementing & maintaining SCADA/OT network monitoring, vulnerability scanning, and IDS programs. You will review audit logs for security threats.
- Building OT-tailored remediation programs to identify, isolate, and remediate risks.
- Implementing & maintaining sustainable encryption & remote access strategies for engineering access, communications, data transfer.