Type: Full Time
Chervon seeks a Patent Agent to join their team. The patent agent is responsible for the patent portfolio. The agent is also responsible for preparation and prosecution of patent applications as well as responses. The patent agent may assist with foreign patent applications. The Patent Agent assists in patent search analysis and patent research; does patent knowledge consultation with various departments and shares new patent information; is responsible for the maintenance of the patent information database; investigates and analyzes relevant patent and technical information and develops and executes North American intellectual property (IP) strategy. Responsibilities:
- Drive the building of patent portfolios in key technology areas.
- Lead or co-lead invention harvesting or brainstorming sessions with innovators.
- Conduct a range of patent analyses and assessments such as related to new product innovations or technology landscapes.
- Provide advice to R&D engineers and product managers regarding patentability during new product development.
- Evaluate, develop, and implement patent filing for new products.
- Review US patent file from overseas IP colleagues.