Patient Account Representative Multispecialty Clinics
Company: Midwestern University
Category: Administrative Support, Healthcare
Type: Full Time
Midwestern University is seeking a Patient Account Representative to join their team. The Patient Account Representative is one of a team of Patient Account Representatives who are responsible for performing a variety of front office procedures. The position reports to the Manager of Patient Accounts for the Midwestern University Multispecialty Clinics. Some responsibilities are the following:
- Greet and direct patients and visitors.
- Perform registration/check-in processes, including but not limited to performing data entry activities, providing patients with appropriate information and intake forms, and obtaining necessary signatures.
- Calculate and collect patient liability according to verification of insurance benefits and expected reimbursement.
- Explain and provide financial policies and available resources for alternative payment arrangements to patients and their families.
- Enter payments in practice management system and perform daily payment reconciliation in timely and accurate manner including balanced of cash drawer.
- Answering phones including scheduling appointments, taking messages, routing calls to departments, and answering general inquires.
- Schedule appointments accurately and complete pre-registration processes including insurance verification, and identification of POS collection amounts.
- Make appointments from calls and orders work queues.
- Reschedule and cancel appointments and communicate as needed with patients/families and providers/clinics.
- Coordinate multiple appointments.