Patient Account Specialist – Healthcare – Accounts Receivable
Company: ATI Physical Therapy
Category: Accounts, Billing, Healthcare, Office and Administration
Type: Full Time
ATI Physical Therapy in Bolingbrook is hiring! The Patient Account Specialist is responsible for all activities associated with the collection of receivables within the Company established guidelines. The position requires the highest level of customer service and ability to maintain friendly and appropriate communication with clients, insurance companies, and employees. The qualified candidate will be an energetic person, ready to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. Flexibility for hybrid work schedule. On-site at least 2 days per week.
- Answers calls, voice mail and correspondence within department standards for account resolution.
- Follow up of unpaid accounts, review denied claims, unpaid claims and account balances. Enter or update notes on accounts as they are worked.
- Reviews and determines accuracy of demographics, insurance and billing data and updates as need to ensure proper and timely collections of accounts. Enter or update notes on accounts as they are worked.
- Work with insurance companies to resolve payment of claims via telephone, bring current or collect past due accounts, referring unusual account situations to higher management.
- Determine and take appropriate action for delinquency and non-payment of accounts.
- Uphold highest level of customer service, ability to a handle large volume of accounts, be a team player, a self-starter and have a strong work ethic, Works well independently as well as part of a team.
- Maintain and organize patient file documentation.
- Maintains knowledge of contracts, reviews billing and cash collected to ensure correct reimbursement.
- The ability to maintain friendly, cordial relations with all clients and employees.
- The ability to maintain friendly, cordial relations with all clients and employees; maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that results in a positive work relationship with customers, co-workers and managers.
- Ability to comply with ATI standards of operations.
- Ability to adhere to the Core Values of the Company.